Endorsement of a person by the Faber Centre as a giver of the Ignatian Spiritual Exercises includes these basic criteria:
1. Received the full Ignatian Spiritual Exercises over 30 days or over 30 weeks in daily life.
2. Completed the Arrupe Program or equivalent formation and training.
3. Ongoing supervision with a director other than their spiritual director.
4. Membership of Companions and commitment to its Professional Standards and Code of Ethics.
5. Continuing formation through prayer, reading, retreats, study, participating in workshops and conferences.
6. Peer group interaction and supervision.
7. Involvement in the Faber retreat program.
8. Open to Feedback from retreatants.